Timberline K9 Search & Rescue (TLK9SAR) was founded in 2019 after five years of extensive SAR training and K9/Handler Certifications by its organizing members, Annette Worlton and Nancy Erni.
During that five years, Annette and Nancy trained tirelessly, attended extensive SAR and K9 Scent seminars, certified multiple times to the Tri-State K9 Standards, and have been on many searches for missing persons throughout the Intermountain West. They are continuing this extensive training and seminar schedule, and will continue to assist law enforcement/governmental agencies with the search for lost and missing persons.
Tri-State-K9 is a collaborative network of search dog groups and teams located throughout the Mountain States. This collaboration includes an agreed upon set of Certification standards that teams are expected to meet before activating in the field. The main goal of this collaboration is to maintain a network of search dog teams that regularly gather to learn from one another and evaluate one another's performance to that agreed upon set of standards of performance. (https://www.tri-state-k9.org/)
Annette and Nancy have also certified/accredited in: NASAR SARTECH II, First Aid/CPR (former EMT), Land Navigation/Orienteering, Mantrailing, NIMS IS-700-ICS-809, Haz-Mat Awareness, Blood Borne Pathogens, Crime Scene Preservation.
"Anyone can have a friend, but the one that would walk in a storm to find you is all you will ever need." —Shannon L. Alder
K9 & HANDLER OUTSIDE EDUCATION:
• Western Carolina University - Forensic Anthropology Body Farm
• San Luis Obispo Fire Investigation Strike Team - Locating the Dead (2x)
• Texas State University - F.A.C.T.S. (Forensic Anthropology Full Body at Freeman Ranch)
• Wind River Mountains, Wyoming - Search Scenarios
• Elko, Nevada - Western Rendezvous Cadaver Scenarios
• Teton River, Idaho - Water Recovery Seminar (2x)
• Boise, Idaho - Mountain Rescue Association Annual Convention
• Tucson, Arizona - Cadaver Drills Ann Christensen Workshop
• Oquirrhberg Kennels/Rocky Mountain Rescue Dogs - Tracking/Trailing (2x)
• David Kroyer - Obedience/Performance Management Seminar
• Fred Helfers - The Detection Dog Understanding Olfaction and Odors
• Roy Lopez - Core Canine Concepts